2021 Drum Camp Details
October 23rd & 24th
(University of the West of England, Centre for Music)
Logistics and Details;
After the mayhem of the Covid-19 pandemic (but which resulted in an enjoyable VIRTUAL camp), 'The Drummer's Odyssey Camp' is returning in all it's glory! We are moving back to an in-person camp, with a lots of socialising, tons of drumming, and three incredible tutors. Three tutors, each providing a 2 hour masterclass on both days. There will be plenty of material and chances to play and learn with the tutors, and there will be opportunities throughout the sessions for questions. The groups are no more than 10 drummers to keep the sessions intimate and engaging.
- In total there will be 12 hours of drum lessons, plus Q&A sessions with industry professionals throughout the weekend. On both days you will have a 2 hour session with each tutor, and groups a limited to 10 per group.
- All camp attendees will receive a free TDOC goodie bag, which consists of merchandise, the camp handbook, poster, and camp pass. There will also be raffles on both days with some incredible prizes available.
- Saturday night will be a time for social drinks with each other and the tutors. We all eat lunch together and drink coffee throughout the camp!
What you will need for the TDOC21 Camp:
- A Practice Pad and a Stand for it, and a drum stool to use for the weekend.
- An eagerness to learn and some good vibes!
- The full price for the weekend is £340 (This covers lessons, lunch and tea/coffee. Accommodation is not included, but recommendations at a nearby hotel are available)
- The Camp payment can either be made in one full payment, or in two instalments if that makes it easier for you to secure your place.
- £140 of the full price is a Non-refundable deposit that secures your place at TDOC. The remaining £200 can be paid at a later date, but must be paid 2 weeks before the camp to confirm that you're attending.
- Click "Book my space" to be directed to the booking form. Once your details have been received you shall be sent the appropriate details.
- With Covid still being a potential problem we will be monitoring the government guidelines to ensure we can make the camp happen. Everything will be done to keep the venue safe and social distancing is possible if needed.
-In the unfortunate situation where a tutor cannot make the camp for reasons outside of TDOC control, a replacement tutor will be sourced and all attendees will automatically be added to next years camp.